We process personal data in accordance with the guidelines of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) for the fulfilment of contractual obligations or pre-contractual measures, on the basis of your consent, legal requirements or within the framework of a balancing of interests.
6.1 Data processing for the fulfilment of contractual obligations (Art. 6. para. 1 b DSGVO)
The processing of data is carried out for the provision of our travel-related services, in particular for the performance of our contracts with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures (preparation of offers), which take place upon request and serve to execute your travel booking or other orders as well as all activities required with the operation and administration. The purposes of the data processing primarily depend on the specific product (e.g. cruise, excursion, transfer, flight booking) and the correct performance of all services and related official registrations (e.g. port registrations, agency registrations).
Accordingly, we process personal data for all ancillary activities that are conducive to the main purpose of our service or necessary for the provision of the services. These are our legal relationships with authorities, consultants, port and land agencies, airlines and government offices.
Further details on the purposes of data processing can be found in the relevant contractual documents and our General Terms and Conditions.
6.2 Data processing based on your consent (Art. 6. para. 1 a DSGVO)
- Contact via contact form – Via our website www.seacloud.com we offer you the possibility to contact us directly. A callback service and a booking enquiry form are available for you. Our data processing for the purpose of electronic contact takes place on the basis of a voluntarily given consent. For the callback service, it is necessary and sufficient to provide your title, first and last name and telephone number. For a specific booking enquiry, your address and the number of travel participants are also required. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted after the reason for contacting us has been fulfilled, unless they may be used by us for the purpose of a contract or for pre-contractual measures in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 1b DSGVO or on another legal basis.
6.3 Data processing due to legal requirements (Art. 6. para. 1 c DSGVO)
Due to the clearing in and out of passengers and crew, we are subject to a legal obligation to transmit your personal data to the respective port authorities you call at on your cruise. This personal data is limited exclusively to your personal details and nationality.
6.4 Data processing in the context of balancing interests (Art. 6. para. 1 f DSGVO)
Insofar as necessary, we process your data beyond the actual performance of the contract to protect the legitimate interests of us or third parties, unless your interest in the protection of your personal data prevails:
- Log files – With the purely informative use of our website, we may collect data that can be related to a person with the help of the IP address. For technical reasons, a user must inevitably use an IP address assigned to him or her by the access service as soon as a website is accessed. This IP address may allow conclusions to be drawn about a person and make that person identifiable. The following information is transmitted by you through the display of our website:
- IP address
- Date and time of the call to our website
- Details of the time difference between the requesting host and the web server
- Content of the request
- Access status
- Amount of data transferred in bytes
- Website from which the access was made
- Browser used, operating system This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user. The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 f DSGVO. However, temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable delivery of the website to the user’s computer. For this purpose, the user’s IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session. The log files are stored in order to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, we use the data to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. This purpose is also our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6 Para. 1 f DSGVO. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session has ended. The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility for the user to object.
- Vimeo.com Link – Our website refers to links of the page vimeo.com. The operator of these pages is Vimeo, Inc. 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011. When you visit one of our pages equipped with a Vimeo.com link, a connection is established to the servers of Vimeo.com. In doing so, the Vimeo.com server is informed which of our pages you have visited. For the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Vimeo.com, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the data protection information of: vimeo.com/privacy
- References: SEA CLOUD CRUISES GmbH is not responsible for any contents linked or referred to from his pages – unless he has full knowledge of illegal contents and would be able to prevent the visitors of his site fromviewing those pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only SEA CLOUD CRUISES of the respective pages might be liable, not the one who has linked to these pages. Therefore, it hereby expressly distances itself from all content and, in particular, from any damage arising from the use or non-use of information presented in this way. Only the provider of the page to which reference was made is liable, not the person who merely refers to the respective publication via links.
6.5 Online advertising
- Our website uses the “Facebook Pixel” of Facebook Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”).
6.6 Subscription to the newsletter
What is Brevo?
You can sign up for our newsletter for free on our website. To make this possible, we use the email delivery service Brevo for our newsletters. Brevo is a service provided by the German company Sendinblue GmbH, Köpenicker Str. 126, 10179 Berlin. Brevo is an email marketing tool that allows us to send you tailored newsletters. It enables us to access a pool of truly useful features without the need for installation. In the following, we will provide more information about Brevo’s email marketing service and the key data protection aspects.
Why do we use Brevo?
Using the newsletter service also provides us with helpful analysis capabilities. For instance, when we send out a newsletter, we can find out if and when you opened the newsletter. The software also tracks and records whether you clicked on any links in the newsletter. This information is crucial for adapting and optimizing our services to meet your wishes and needs, as we strive to provide you with the best possible service.
What data is processed by Brevo?
How long and where are the data stored?
The (personal) data for the newsletter tool is primarily stored on servers in Europe, mostly in Germany. The data that identifies you as an individual (i.e., personal data) is deleted by Brevo at the latest two years after the termination of the contractual relationship with us. However, you can also request the individual deletion of your data at any time. Such requests will be processed within 30 days. Data that we collect and send to Brevo will be deleted from our system as soon as you unsubscribe from our newsletter.
Right to object
You have the right to cancel your newsletter subscription at any time. To do so, you simply need to revoke your consent to the newsletter subscription, which usually takes just a few seconds or one or two clicks. You will always find a link to unsubscribe from the newsletter directly at the end of each email. If you cannot locate the unsubscribe link in the newsletter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly cancel your newsletter subscription. After unsubscribing, your personal data will be deleted from our server and from the Brevo servers located in Germany. You have the right to obtain free information about your stored data and, if necessary, the right to request the deletion, blocking, or correction of such data.
6.7 Ordering brochures
We give our website users the opportunity to order brochures about our company and products. From the input mask, the following personal data is required in the form of filling in the contact fields: Salutation, first and last name, address. We inform our customers and business partners about our company and member companies at regular intervals by means of this brochure.